Leading manufacturers offer a variety of smartphones with 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and even 1 terabyte of internal memory. This way, you won’t have to worry about how many photos, games or videos you keep on your device. The situation is different with models that offer only 32GB or 64GB of memory.
You may not have thought, but there is a way to increase the built-in storage capacity without even having to delete content. Instead, you can simply remove the cache of any app from your smartphone. To do this, you must follow the following steps, according to PhoneArena:
1. Open “Settings” and click “Storage”.
2. Select the category you want (Photos & Videos, Music & Audio, etc.)
3. You will then see a list of all installed applications.
4. Click on the name of a title and you will see how much memory the cache files occupy.
5. Press the “Clear Cache” button and you will delete this data from the internal memory.
Once done you will delete the cache files and free up more memory on your smartphone. Repeating the steps with all the mobile apps you have installed will further increase this value. Some titles retain photos and multimedia, which is why they take up so much space. Be careful not to accidentally click on the other “Clear Storage” option, which will erase all the data stored for your account.