In an online marketing system, there is what is called a sales conversion. The term sales conversion refers to visitors who take further action on your website or online store. Sales conversion measurements are carried out differently depending on the nature and purpose of the business. Therefore, ways to increase sales conversions also vary.
For example, a company with an online store measures the success of its sales conversion by the large number of clicks on the “add to cart” button. So the company considers that potential customers who fill out forms on the homepage are an increase in conversions. For a website, forms are usually only intended to get information from potential customers.
With an increase in sales, conversions will certainly get a greater return on investment. That is why to increase sales conversions, companies will use various methods. Here are 4 effective ways that can be applied in your company to increase sales conversions through the website.
Perform A / B Testing
Experiments are the best way to reduce the risk of mistakes in decision making. By first conducting experiments will provide space for the marketing team to innovate and explore new opportunities. One of the experimental methods that can be taken is A / B testing. A / B testing is a technique to increase the conversion of your site by testing two things given.
There are times when you have two possible headlines to be displayed on the homepage and you can’t decide which to use. Then use A / B testing to see which works better. Make two alternative versions (A and B) each with a different title at a certain time. A / B testing software directs website traffic with the same portion of 50% to version A and 50% to version B. At the end you will count how many people have taken action on version A, also on version B. To increase sales conversions, you need to know which choices work and which don’t.
Give Attractive Offers
Prospective customers naturally often ask questions like “What’s in it to buy your product?” And “Why should I buy from you?”. Prospective customers have hopes, wants, needs and special points. So you have to give them an offer according to their needs and desires.
You need to reflect to find out what your product can provide to meet the needs and desires of customers, while still being unique. Communicate the uniqueness, and filter it as best you can until you can articulate it in one sentence that can be trusted immediately. Try to be different from competitors. No need to stand out in all fields, at least your product must excel in one element that can attract potential customers.
Use Short and Clear Sentences
Never seduce potential customers with fancy business language but it turns out complicated and difficult to understand. This certainly won’t work. Welcome prospective customers on your website pages with short and clear words. Never string words as if you are talking to a company.
But make sentences as you speak with humans. The best way to change the marketing sentence on your website is to imagine you explain the product to your close friends. As Paul Graham, a successful businessman and writer, said, “write as you speak.”
Lack of trust in your product or company is one reason why people will not buy from you. According to the Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab, there are 10 ways to increase your prospect’s trust in you, including:
- Build the credibility of the content displayed on the website This can be accomplished by including sources of citations, testimonials or articles that you present.
- Show that there is a real organization behind the website. The easiest way to do this is to have a physical address, display a photo of your office or display official permission from the government or trade association.
- Highlight your strengths in the content and services you provide. Do you have experts in your company? Are you affiliated with a bona fide company? Show this on your website to add selling points.
- Reachable. Provide clear contact information such as telephone numbers, physical addresses, e-mail addresses or social media. With this prospective customer knows that your company is a company that can be trusted because it is ready to be contacted whenever needed.
- Design your website more professionally. Prospective customers tend to judge the company from the first impression when looking at visual appearance. When designing, consider layout, typography, images, consistency and so on. Websites that look amateurish will reduce the interest and confidence of potential customers to choose to invest with you.
- Make your website easier to use and more useful. Some companies sometimes forget the intended audience. By serving the company ego or trying to show amazing things they can do through websites, but apparently not needed.
- Update the content as often as possible. Nowadays people constantly want something new, so if you have a blog on your website make sure the content is updated regularly.
- Reducing the intensity of advertisements on the website. If you have to display ads, clearly distinguish which content is sponsored and which is your content.
- Avoid all types of mistakes, however small. Spelling mistakes and inaccessible links will reduce the credibility of your website more than most people imagine. Prospective customers can consider your website unreliable.
Those were the four effective ways that can be taken to increase sales conversions. But even though you have used all four of these methods, do not immediately expect instant results. It does not matter if no one takes further action at the beginning of your marketing. As long as you are still trying to fix and provide something new on your website, consumers will eventually recognize and search for your product.
It’s the same with corporate finance. Difficult stages of managing finances and lack of time should not be used as an excuse so that you do not want to manage finances well. Because of these difficulties will eventually become a convenience if you do it regularly. Especially now that financial management has been facilitated by the presence of accounting software technology.